Wednesday 8 October 2008

Six menacing towers fit for a supervilain

While we're on the subject of secret lairs, I just found a great blog post featuring six menacing towers fit for a supervillain. When I become your lord and master, I'm going to have to look into the state of these towers after my worldwide 'hostile takeover'. If they're not too badly damaged, I'm going to have to use at least one of these as my base of operations. My favourite by far is definitely the Taipei 101 tower in (you guessed it) Taipei, Taiwan.


I mean, come on, it just screams "Evil HQ". Plus, I'm a big fan of red and any dark colour, so it's a great tower for me. Also, is it just me or does it look an awful lot like Wang's tower in the Xbox 360 game, Crackdown? Which, by the way is a really great game.

A little side note: I've come to realise that I can't really do this whole evil thing alone. I need to step up my evil activities which in turn will give me evil stories to impress the ladies and which in turn will leave me with a lovely lady to make obscenely evil babies with. Otherwise, how else am I going to keep my empire going for as long as possible?
Maybe I'll be lucky and the ladies will come to me. I sincerely doubt it though. After all, I only get somewhere between 2 and 5 hits a day on the blog.

4 comments:

  1. You do realize, talking about where you want to be when you dominate the world is a silly idea as when the coppers come looking for you, you'll be easy to track down.
    This could lead to various problems, you do realize.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mistress Deathblade has a point; however, I've found that by using a dummy corporation, and by greasing the right political palms, you can successfully occupy a very public lair.

    My own corporation, Harmless Bunny Candy International, has a number of such structures across the globe, and a smaller branch within the breach between the purple dimension and Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Deathblade & Destructo. I'll definitely look into those problems and solutions. Although, the way I think about it, these towers will be for the later stages of my plans. It'll only be feasible to occupy such huge towers when I have subjugated the majority of the worlds' population. That way, I will have very little trouble keeping it defended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer underground lairs. I do agree that this tower screams evil HQ.

    ReplyDelete